Sunday 14 October 2007

Still faking it...

Don't want to work too hard but have to finance my travels. In the last fortnight I have had two interesting assignments. First was at Impington Village College - very close to home. Three days there in Food Tech - yay back in the kitchen. Even better, the Teaching Assistant did all the work. Laws are funny things. I am getting paid to turn up and keep an eye on things, take the register, but don't really teach.

This week I have again spent three days in Technology or TK for short. Change of focus to resistant materials - that's right - basically woodwork and metal work with the odd plastic project thrown in for fun. So I traded in the knives and rolling pins for vices, saws and chisels. Again, not too much work required on my part. The technician took the lessons and I took care of the register. With classes packed with boys there was no let up on the abuse about the All Blacks early exit from the World Cup. I forgot to mention the reason I found myself filling in as a TK teacher at Soham Village College. Rumour has it that Mr Mason has been suspended. A young year 7 boy was doing a detention using a chisel to remove chewing gum from benches. Detention was cut short when he put the chisel into the side of his face. Ooops. A pretty extreme way to get out of detention!

No comments: